The 12 botanical oils in Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil contain phospholipids and glycolipids, natural constituents of beautiful skin and good water-binding agents, which form a powerful blend that support skin barrier function, moisture levels and supply many vital nutrients that are needed topically.
1. Argan Oil is touted as ‘liquid gold’ due to its ability to moisturise lack-luster skin. It is high in EFA’s and vitamin E, two key players in helping the skin stay hydrated and preventing further moisture loss.
2. Jojoba Oil is compositionally the closest oil to our own natural sebum and therefore helps strengthen the skin’s protective function. Fun fact: jojoba oil is technically a wax.
3. Avocado Oil is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants, all of which are essential for beautiful skin.
4. Borage Oil is nature’s richest source of gamma linolenic acid, a secondary essential fatty acid, which helps repair the skin barrier faster than any other essential fatty acid. It decreases water loss, helping the skin stay hydrated and flexible. It is rich in vitamins and minerals as well as two important polyphenols; ferulic acid, which is a very effective anti-oxidant that can repair sun and weather induced skin damage and ellagic acid, which reduces collagen destruction.
5. Calendula Oil speeds healing, reduces inflammation and improves epidermal differentiation.
6. Rosehip Oil contains tretinoin, a vitamin A derivative that delays the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration and promotes the increase of collagen and elastin levels.
7. Tamanu Seed Oil has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. It is a most unusual oil because of its ability to penetrate deeply into the skin.
8. Vitamin E Oil is an important antioxidant that protects the more delicate oils in the collection from oxidation.
9. Grapeseed Oil also helps prevent oxidation of the blend but in addition it contributes to skin repair and regeneration.
10. French Lavender Essential Oil has strong skin soothing and healing properties and assists in cooling and calming inflamed skin.
11. Sandalwood Essential Oil is beneficial for many skin types from dry, dehydrated skins to oily skins and acne.
12. Rose Geranium Essential Oil is wonderful for balancing the oil production of the skin making it valuable for treating oily or dry skin and everything in between!
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil
For best reults moisten your skin by holding a warm damp cloth to your face while taking five slow, deep breathes. Relax. Repeat this step to ensure your skin is fully hydrated. Apply any toners, mists or serums you desire. Apply 1-2 drops to your fingertips and gently massage into your still damp skin. Use am or pm with or without moisturiser overtop.